Project Manager – Contract
Project Manager – Contract, Dublin
One of our favoured clients, a large public sector body, are hiring a Senior Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. This is a senior level role and will require an Agile Project Manager with full SDLC experience, as well as Infrastructure. Experience in large public sector bodies is a plus. I would like to hear more, please apply through this medium and I will send you email to discuss. This role requires and extensive background check and will require a candidate who has been living on the Island of Ireland for the last four years.
- Set up and ongoing delivery of Project Governance and Management arrangements with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the scope of deliverables is carefully managed with third party service providers to minimize “scope creep” and prevent cost overruns.
- Bring experience, expertise, and professionalism to all aspects of the role with a particular focus on rigorous attention to detail, quality of project documentation and skills transfer.
- Provide skills transfer knowledge to the relevant staff to allow long term support of new applications following handover from pilot into production.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects on time, to budget, to quality standards, and within agreed scope.
- Prepare and communicate reports recognising deviations from scope, and schedule, cost (in terms of days) and propose remedial actions as required.
- Lead project reviews with various stakeholders.
- Engaging in Risk and Change Control Management to deliver a project on time, to budget, to quality standards, and within agreed scope.
- Leading the design and implementation of project plans which reflect the organisation’s business case and application environment.
- Defining strategies, validating, and justifying business needs, and garnering stakeholder buy-in on the adaptive change resulting from a project.
- The projects are focused on customer change towards the use of Active Mobility applications.
Mandatory Skills and experience:
- 7+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Experience managing the development lifecycle of a software or application to tight deadlines.
- Experience in understanding the ICT architecture model to include hardware and software applications.
- Experience creating, maintaining and managing the linkages within ICT architecture models and their lower level components, applications and their interdependencies.
- Experience of interpreting and applying information contained within ICT architectures to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of ICT support systems.
- Experience of gaining the buy-in required to move an innovative technology from pilot stage to full production by communicating with a range of stakeholders and business owners.
- Managing project teams operating in a highly pressurised development environment facilitating the integration of data from various sources including backend services and databases.
- Proven delivery experience of bringing projects to go-live status
- Experience working in Public sector an advantage
What’s on offer:
- Excellent daily rate depending on experience
- Competitive package
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for engagement and/or employment. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organization’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.