Senior QA Automation Engineer – Permanent
Senior QA Automation Engineer – Permanent, South County Dublin
We are looking for a Senior QA engineer who can apply the latest techniques and tooling to application testing with a particular focus on Test Automation and CI/CD. With the evolution to continuous “everything” we are focussed particularly on these areas to help our clients deliver quality at speed.
You will be a leading figure in our Test community, contributing to thought leadership and ensuring we maintain our strong focus on quality. You will have a strong technical background, have an eagerness to learn new things, and stay abreast of emerging industry trends and technologies.
You will have excellent communication skills, a proven ability to interact with senior management, be an effective team player and coach/mentor colleagues.
- Define and implement QA strategy with a particular focus on the role of Test Automation
- Work with clients to understand requirements and define test approaches and plans in support of their developments
- Using your broad knowledge of the Test Automation marketplace to select appropriate tools, develop automated test frameworks and guide successful delivery
- Have a focus on quality through the life cycle, contributing from initiation through to review/retrospectives
- Have the technical breadth and depth to investigate problem areas, for example, to reproduce customer issues or identify further potential improvements.
- Learn from our customers' experience, contribute to driving continuous improvement of testing and development/release processes.
- Be a thought leader in the Vantage QA community and a tech lead mentor for more junior colleagues.
What you need – Soft Skills:
- Is experienced in testing and test automation across a variety of development lifecycles and approaches.
- Understands application architecture and development in a services based world and has the ability to influence design and development to optimise quality through the lifecycle
- Is passionate about quality and developing the best automated test capability possible and providing the ultimate customer experience.
- Is results oriented and a self-starter with a track record of both leading initiatives and working independently in a distributed team.
- Is a self-starter who can effectively handle multiple competing priorities and projects
- Has the ability to pragmatically solve complex problems.
- Has strong communication and influencing skills.
- Is an advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process.
- Is open to learning new technologies and new problem domains.
- Is a team player. Quality is a team sport.
- Has a sense of humour
What you need – Technical Skills:
- 7+ years of Systems Test experience, including in a technical leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing test automation and test frameworks
- Experience of application architecture and development in a services based world. Breadth of technical experience as important as depth of experience.
- Strong Agile and DevOps experience including CI/CD.
- Experiences of various agile approaches, TDD/BDD, SCRUM, Kanban etc.
- Experience of integrating tool suites to deliver effective test frameworks, both proprietary, (Microfcus/HP, IBM etc.) and specialist /open source
- Experience of a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), databases and reporting
- Experience in software development to build and use automation frameworks using various technologies: Java/.NET, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, Spring framework, REST, JSON and XML, Eclipse IDE, etc.
- Proven communication and influencing skills and an effective team player.
What’s on offer:
- A market leading salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for engagement and/or employment. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.