IT Operations Analyst – Contract
IT Operations Analyst – Contract, Dublin
One of Ireland’s largest public service bodies, with their headquarters based in Dublin 6, is hiring an IT Operations Analyst (level 3 Technical Support).
This role would suit an experienced IT Level 3 / 4 support analyst who is looking for an opportunity to challenged in her or his career.
The post holder will require a considerable degree of commitment and adaptability and will be able to prioritise and manage workloads to meet demanding deadlines. The successful candidate shall demonstrate a positive attitude and will require a high degree of self-motivation, will contribute to the wider strategic aims of the business and be able to work in a flexible manner.
- Support and system maintenance for complex applications.
- Provide technical assistance to client teams as appropriate.
- Implement technical changes to the system in the Live environment under the supervision of the client’s technical resources.
- Provide Level 3 technical support to include:
- Responding to technical calls escalated from L1 and L2 support teams.
- Performing daily health checks on the system.
- Liaising with the relevant Live Operations teams as required.
- Liaising with external vendors as required.
- Communicating resolution to Accenture and client teams.
- Work with the client and Accenture management teams to accurately plan and implement future technical enhancements and releases.
- Implement all technical changes to the system in the test environment before they are implemented in live.
- Execute Technical Tests for all new functionality and fixes prior to release into the live environment.
- Liaise with Third Party Vendors on behalf of the client to prioritise issues, fixes and software releases.
- Attend Infrastructure Request (IR) meetings to determine impact on relevant environments.
- Agree to work towards Continuous Improvement initiatives in collaboration with the client.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner, when required.
- Provide relevant status updates to team lead.
- Monitor and track incidents to resolution.
- Assist with prioritisation of issues.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports in line with the client and Accenture’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant IT systems.
- Keen to learn - seek opportunities to improve own knowledge, skills and performance.
Mandatory Skills and experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience in an IT Operations role
- BSc or MSc to honours level in a computer science or network related field.
- Knowledge in Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies is preferable
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices particularly incident management and configuration management beneficial
- Experience working with large scale client network Windows 7 & Windows 8
- Customer-focused and customer-first mindset, with excellent customer service and communications skills
- Organised, logical, thorough, and proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Self-starter and self-managed. Works on own initiative and ability to carry out activities independently
- Assumes personal ownership of operational responsibilities and project tasks
- Pays attention to detail and has proven ability to drive out the detail in procedures and documentation
- Proven ability to provide ownership of technical issues from assignment until resolution in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
What’s on offer:
- Excellent Salary depending on experience
- Competitive package
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for engagement and/or employment. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.