Included in the People section of the Framework are detailed roles and responsibilities for all the key and optional roles which are required to cover the operation of the software Quality Assurance and Testing Operating Model. This section also deals with resource mobilisation and knowledge transfer. This is complemented by our professional HRM model.
It also contains structure options for the organisation of software Quality Assurance and Testing operating units and for the roles an structures within change Programmes or Projects. This includes governance options for both types of structure and for joint governance of Quality Roadmaps and Programme delivery with Metis7 as your partner.
This section of the framework also deals with communication structures including the points at which client review and approval is sought and the appropriate sign offs necessary for proper governance and authority to proceed.
Sample Role: Test Manager
Role Description: Take responsibility for planning and managing the overall test effort and deliverables for a particular project.
- Work with key project stakeholders to develop, agree and sign off the software Quality and Testing strategy for the project.
- Produce the resource plan, estimates, proposed timelines and project plan for Test. Align Test project plan and resourcing with overall project plan. Propose revisions or adjustments to plan to deal with changes or delays in project.
- Ensure that the test phases and related activities are planned and undertaken in line with the quality strategy and the project schedule.
- Manage plan and test activities to meet schedule. Work with Test Leads to monitor and control the specification, preparation, implementation and execution of tests to ensure alignment with plan and budget.
- Ensure Adherence to quality strategy and processes and ensure reviews/handovers occur in a correct and timely manner.
- Represent Test at project governance meetings and report on the progress of Test and the quality of the software using agreed metrics.
- Communicate with key stakeholders (IT, Business, Project Manager) to ensure test environments, software releases and test data bases are correctly set up and available according to plan.
- Ensure effective defect management and produce Test Exit status document at the conclusion of the Test phase.
- Advanced Level Test Manager Certification
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience of managing testing for a significant project or multiple experience as a Test Lead for significant sub-projects
- CMST (Certified Manager of Software Testing) is certification for manager level
- Expert knowledge and experience of the Metisure© Framework